6th Sport-Scholarships Women's Soccer Showcase in Moenchengladbach, Germany
6th Sport-Scholarships Soccer Showcase on Feb 1-2, 2019
Sport-Scholarships held its 6th annual soccer showcase for women at a new site, the FC Moenchengladbach. We chose these fields, because it’s close to the airport, has a good artificial turf field and participants could easily walk from the hotel across the street to the field.
We were happy to welcome 25 prospects for 2019 & 2020 at the event.The players were carefully screened for their eligibility and athletic quality to ensure a good playing level on the field. On the universities’ side, 20 coaches visited the event. A good range of schools was represented, NCAA I-III and NAIA programs.
For the first time, we’ve also offered a coaches’ workshop in cooperation with Bundesliga club Borussia Moenchengladbach. During the workshop, we had access to the pro and youth trainings. We also talked with youth and pro coaches about talent development, the club’s philosophy and its new US strategy.
We started out with some brief training drills before we played the first match on Friday afternoon. After a good warm-up, we played another 2x30min match on Saturday morning. The girls did shower and had lunch before they met the coaches, who wanted to talk to them about their teams. Everyone agreed that the playing level was good and almost all coaches spoke with several players about opportunities at their universities.
We picked the coaches up from the airport or train station on Thursday or Friday morning. We held an info session for students, parents, coaches and staff on Friday afternoon, before we walked over to the field and started practice. We were done in the evening and had a buffet-style dinner before the coaches met to mingle in the pub next door. The women’s coaches would either leave Moenchengladbach on Saturday or stayed for the men’s event and left on Sunday or Monday, where we dropped everyone off at the airport or train station again.
You can read some feedback and watch highlights from the last showcase below. We’re looking forward to seeing you in February!
- “Thanks for everything this past weekend. You guys put on a first class showcase.”
- "Thank you very much for the weekend. I thought the showcase was excellent both in organization and standard of football. My first time in Germany was a lot of fun! I’ll 100% be back."
- “Just spoke with my assistant and he's making me jealous that I wasn't there as he said it was top notch!”
- “I wanted to thank you guys again for everything during the trip and showcase last weekend. I came away very impressed and hope it was a successful event for both of you as well. “
- “I hope that you are doing well. I would like to thank you for your help this past weekend. I had a great experience and it was great getting to know you.”
- “Thanks again for putting the showcase together. For the 4th time in a row it was very well organized and the overall quality of the participating players was good.”
- “Thanks for a great weekend in Leipzig. It was good to meet with you and productive to see and talk with a number of quality players.”
- “Thank you again for the very professional experience I had at your event in Germany. I look forward to staying in contact and please let me know if any kids come across your desk that you think could be a good fit.”
- “Thanks for everything again! Amazing event you put on.”
Match 1 – 1st period
Match 1 – 2nd Period
Match 1 – 3rd Period
Match 2 – 1st Period
Match 2 – 2nd Period
Match 3 – 3rd Period