11th Sport-Scholarships Men's Soccer Showcase in Moenchengladbach, Germany
11th Sport-Scholarships Soccer Showcase on Feb 2-3, 2019
Sport-Scholarships held its 11th annual soccer showcase at a new site, the FC Moenchengladbach. We chose these fields, because it’s close to the airport, has a good artificial turf field and participants could easily walk from the hotel across the street to the field.
This year, 32 US College coaches attended to watch 70 of our players participate in the event. All players were carefully chosen as clients and pre-screened to ensure their eligibility and a good level of play at the showcase. As last year, the attending schools represented a good mix of NCAA I, II, III and NAIA programs. Most coaches recruited several players from the event and had good talks with the prospects and their families afterwards. There were impact players for pretty much any level that participated.
As in the last years, the showcase consisted of an info session for students, parents, coaches and the Sport-Scholarships staff. In addition to this, we formed 4 teams that played each other on two days and we also organized a specific practice session for our goalkeepers. Most students played on both days, some came in for one day only.
For the first time, we’ve also offered a coaches’s workshop in cooperation with Bundesliga club Borussia Moenchengladbach. During the workshop, we had access to the pro and youth trainings. We also talked with youth and pro coaches about talent development, the club’s philosophy and its new US strategy.
As in the last years, we picked up most coaches from the airport or train station on Friday and dropped everyone off there again on Sunday evening or Monday morning. Some men’s coaches watched the women’s showcase that we held (for the 6th time) Friday-Saturday. The level was very good as well and they went back recommending several players to their women’s staff. In the evening, all coaches met for a buffet-style dinner next to the venue. A visit to a local brewery with excellent food helped everyone to get back to strength after the first games on Saturday evening. There was another round of games on Sunday and of course the talks of the coaches and players after the end of the event on Sunday afternoon.
You can read some feedback and watch highlights from the last showcase(s) below. We’re looking forward to seeing you again next February!
- "It is my belief that your company is the premier organization currently working to place players. Your staff is well trained and do a tremendous job setting the pathway for your clients."
- "This was my first experience at your Showcase and I came away very impressed."
- "I attended a showcase in England, it was pretty bad, the coaches there told me that I’ve to go to you guys for the best showcase in Europe."
- “Thanks for everything this past weekend. You guys put on a first class showcase.”
- “Just spoke with my assistant and he's making me jealous that I wasn't there as he said it was top notch!”
- “I wanted to thank you guys again for everything during the trip and showcase last weekend. I came away very impressed and hope it was a successful event for both of you as well. “
- “I hope that you are doing well. I would like to thank you for your help this past weekend. I had a great experience and it was great getting to know you.”
- “Thanks again for putting the showcase together. For the 4th time in a row it was very well organized and the overall quality of the participating players was good.”
- “Thanks for a great weekend. It was good to meet with you and productive to see and talk with a number of quality players.”
- “Thank you again for the very professional experience I had at your event in Germany. I look forward to staying in contact and please let me know if any kids come across your desk that you think could be a good fit.”
- “Thanks for everything again! Amazing event you put on.”
Day 1 - White vs. Yellow
Day 1 – Red vs. Blue
Day 1 – White vs. Red
Day 1 – Yellow vs. Blue
Day 1 – White vs. Blue
Day 1 – Yellow vs. Red
Day 2 – Red vs. Blue (1st and 2nd Half)
Day 2 – White vs. Yellow (1st and 2nd Half)